BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Place for Love

Sometimes I wish I'd given you
the wrong number;
Sometimes you are too close to
move away.

I can hardly breath
or think straight.

A pigeon flying upside down
on a moonlit night
and walking into the water
is so easy.

"Deeper still.."
she says and pulls me
on an invisible thread tied to my heart.

I close my eyes and move backwards.
The sands pull at the cracks in my
feet and
I move backwards.

The sun flares up
into a brilliant flame,
reminding me that it's
so faraway.

Blinking away a dream
so deep
I am so empty
and shadows,
moments
and hopes are raised.

Whispering in my ear a million secrets,
The silent night steals past.


I can hardly breath
as you walk past,
a smile on your face
and I can wish
for a shade of summer
in my open hands.

A little golden flower,
melts to honey
I drink in the name of a season lost;
a Festival of life is behind us


When the moons flip,
the hour changes the year,
on a distant shore,
I know
in your heart,
there will be place
for love to grow.

5 comments:

krunal varshikar said...

They say, love is beyond social, biological and many other orthodox laws. True love not only transcends laws of mankind but also makes one understand the grand brilliance of nature. Indeed a nice poem nana chyan. Yin and Yang, though being the sides of the same coin are farther than one can understand, yet the clash of these energies is often brilliant. My favorite lines were
"The sun flares up
into a brilliant flame,
reminding me thatst its,
so faraway."
Brilliant lines indeed Namrata San. For these lines not only portray the power of emotions but it also highlights the pain of not getting what one truly wants, for the want is rather too impossible. You are a really contemporary poet. And yes, reading between the lines of your poem does highlight many social taboo's, such a great poet you are.

Namrata Kale said...

Thanks a lot Krunal-san! Your eyes can see through a lot of the poetic binds that hold back my emotions..! Thanks a lot for the encouraging review. I really believe that love has no barriers and that "true love" is mostly.. one-sided!
Thanks again for inspiring me and giving me the encouragement to write more and more!! ^____^

NT said...

nIIIIcEE~!!!sasuga-nEE-sAN!!!Its so dreamy!I love dreamy poems!and songs! >_<...I am ze drunkz!Demoooo,awesomeness anyway!!

NT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Namrata Kale said...

Arigatou Misakiiii <3 Watashi mou! I love dreamy poems <3 ^___^